[Pacemaker] Simple way to prefer resource groups not start on the same node

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Wed Aug 25 11:43:26 EDT 2010

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 10:30:39AM -0500, Matthew Schlegel wrote:

> [...]

That's strange. Though there are no guarantees, pengine should
distribute resources as best as it can. Perhaps it was due to
resources failing earlier on the node which wasn't assigned any.
You can always check the scores if you have the PE input file.

> For now, I'll hook them up with location constraints to cover
> normal operation, and keep digging for a good way to handle
> balancing the resource groups in failure conditions.

OK. Whatever you do, try to keep the configuration manageable and
as simple as possible.

Thanks,

Dejan