[Pacemaker] Could not connect to the CIB service: connection failed

Brett Delle Grazie brett.dellegrazie at intact-is.com
Thu Aug 19 19:01:33 EDT 2010

Hi,
On Wed, 2010-08-18 at 21:33 +0200, Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 04:33:27PM +0100, Brett Delle Grazie wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I don't know if it is just my versions or my configuration but
> > use_mgmtd and/or use_logd cause pacemaker to fail to start with
> > the following configurations and RPMs (I'm running RHEL 5.5
> > with clusterlabs repo)
> > Let me know if you spot something amiss
>
> Nothing grave. But if really commenting out one of those two
> "fixes" starting corosync, then something's really wrong there.
> Do you have logd running? It seems like mgmtd is not installed,
> right? Though neither of these should prevent the stack running.
> Can you please post the logs somewhere.

I have logd running but starting corosync is fairly explicit about why
it doesn't work:

[root@####### service.d]# corosync -f
corosync [MAIN  ] Corosync Cluster Engine ('1.2.7'): started and ready
to provide service.
corosync [MAIN  ] Corosync built-in features: nss rdma
corosync [MAIN  ] service: Only name and ver are allowed items
corosync [MAIN  ] Corosync Cluster Engine exiting with status 8 at
main.c:1376.

Only name and ver are allowed for services.

Hope this helps.

--
Best Regards,

Brett Delle Grazie