[Pacemaker] stonith sbd problem

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at novell.com
Wed Aug 11 04:40:54 EDT 2010

On 2010-08-10T10:16:05, philipp.achmueller at arz.at wrote:

> primitive sbd_fence stonith:external/sbd \
>         params sbd_device="/dev/hdisk-4652-38b5" stonith-timeout="60s"
> clone fence sbd_fence \
>         meta target-role="Started"

Like Dejan said, you shouldn't run it as a clone, but this is not the
harmful thing here.

The 'stonith-timeout' does not take effect on the params line; you need
to set it as a global cluster property.

> after lnx0047a is up again it get stonithed automatically by lnx0047b,
> althought the cluster isn't up and running (autostart watchdog)

How quickly are the nodes rebooting? I've seen this when the time needed
to actually reboot the node (and attempt to rejoin) was faster than the
sbd timeout (i.e., under 10s, which can happen for virtual machines).

Regards,
    Lars

--
Architect Storage/HA, OPS Engineering, Novell, Inc.