[Pacemaker] [Problem]Cib cannot update an attribute by 16 node constitution.

nozawat nozawat at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 22:36:58 EDT 2010

Hi Andrew,

> Is this data all from the CIB process?
> What was the load from the other processes like? (Ie. using top)
The cib process was approximately 100% CPU rates of use,
but most of the other processes did not use a CPU when they confirmed it in
top.
The number of the cores of the CPU assigns 2.

>> Is there the method to make these processing early?
> You mean faster?
Uh...For example, I thought in a parameter like "batch-limit"..
Because I feel that the handling of XML is not so early...

> Could you attach the CIB your cluster was using so I can have a go?
I'm sorry.cib.xml was not able to send a e-mail by the limit of the attached
file.
I compress a file and put it in Bugzilla.
- cib.xml  :http://developerbugs.linux-foundation.org/attachment.cgi?id=1684
- systemtap:http://developerbugs.linux-foundation.org/attachment.cgi?id=1685

> Ah, I wondered where you go the data from.
> Could you share how you used systemtap for this?
step 1) I divide a crm file at first to build a cluster.
 - The attached file is cib_14+2_functest01.crm and cib_14+2_functest02.crm.
 - Because I become the error by construction with one file.
step 2) After construction completion, I let a DC node break down.
step 3) I started systemtap from the 1,266th line of the log file in 120
seconds of the 1,267th line and acquired information.
 - The attached file is ha.log.This file is ha.log of the new DC node.

note ) A systemtap use procedure
1)stap -x <PID> functime.stp
2)stop is Ctl+C

Tomo

2010/8/5 Andrew Beekhof <andrew at beekhof.net>

> 2010/8/5 nozawat <nozawat at gmail.com>:
> > Hi Andrew,
> >
> >  I took oprofile of 120 seconds before Time-out occurs.
> >  However, sorted_xml function seems not to be called it so much as far as
> > watch log of Oprofile.
>
> I suspect you're misinterpreting the results.
> The number of calls isn't nearly as important as how much time is
> spent in that function.
>
> Could you attach the CIB your cluster was using so I can have a go?
>

> >  I took Oprofile by a sample program.
> >  But, the contents of Oprofile did not agree with the contents of the
> sample
> > program.
> >  Therefore I used systemtap because I was not able to do internal
> bottleneck
> > analysis from information of this Oprofile.
>
> Ah, I wondered where you go the data from.
> Could you share how you used systemtap for this?

> Bugs:
> http://developerbugs.linux-foundation.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Pacemaker

Tomo