[Pacemaker] IPaddr2 not failing-over

Vince Gabriel vinceg at sgi.com
Wed Aug 11 16:55:09 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I have new cluster that is works exceptionally well with the exception
of the IPaddr2 virtual interfaces initiated failovers. If the interface
is downed or cable disconnected, a failover never happens. I've
attempted to incorporate pingd however that has not helped either? It's
my understanding a pingd clone should not be needed any long?

nas1:~ # rpm -qa | grep hear
heartbeat-resources-3.0.0-0.2.8
heartbeat-common-3.0.0-0.6.5
libheartbeat2-3.0.0-0.6.5

cnas1:~ # rpm -qa | grep -i pace
pacemaker-pygui-1.99.2-0.2.6
libpacemaker3-1.0.5-0.5.6
pacemaker-1.0.5-0.5.6

primitive HA3-ip ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 \
        operations $id="HA3-ip-operations" \
        op monitor interval="60s" start-delay="0" timeout="30s"
on-fail="restart" \
        op start interval="0" timeout="90" on-fail="restart"
requires="fencing" \
        op stop interval="0" timeout="100" on-fail="fence" \
        params ip="10.10.20.33" nic="eth3" cidr_netmask="24" \
        meta resource-stickiness="1" migration-threshold="1"

It's my understanding...please correct me if I'm wrong....if the
interface fails it will attempt to restart the interface once, if it
happens again the group it's associated with should failover to the
standby node based on "migration-threshold="1"".

Thanks in Advance,

-Vince

--
Vince Gabriel