[Pacemaker] Need help using OCFS2 with openais/pacemaker

Patrick.Ouellet at promutuel.ca Patrick.Ouellet at promutuel.ca
Wed Aug 11 15:09:43 EDT 2010

First of all, wow guys great software I love it so far.

Second, I hope im posting this at the right place or i'll get flamed.

I have followed the great document by Andrew Cluster from scratch
but since im using more recent version of the software im stuck
at adding OCFS2 support to the cluster stack.

Here is what I have:

RHEL 5.5 with updates kernel 2.6.18-194.8.1.el5

From the clusterlabs.org repository
pacemaker-libs-1.0.9.1-1.15.el5
pacemaker-1.0.9.1-1.15.el5
heartbeat-3.0.3-2.3.el5
heartbeat-libs-3.0.3-2.3.el5
cluster-glue-libs-1.0.6-1.6.el5
cluster-glue-1.0.6-1.6.el5
resource-agents-debuginfo-1.0.3-2.6.el5
resource-agents-1.0.3-2.6.el5
corosync-1.2.7-1.1.el5
corosynclib-1.2.7-1.1.el5
and some other few I cant remember

From the oss.oracle.com website
ocfs2-tools-1.4.4-1.el5
ocfs2console-1.4.4-1.el5
ocfs2-2.6.18-194.el5-1.4.7-1.el5

Here is how my cluster look so far:
============
Last updated: Wed Aug 11 15:01:16 2010
Stack: openais
Current DC: labgfs01 - partition with quorum
Version: 1.0.9-89bd754939df5150de7cd76835f98fe90851b677
4 Nodes configured, 2 expected votes
3 Resources configured.
============

Online: [ labgfs01 labgfs02 ]
OFFLINE: [ labgfs02.informatique.promutuel.ca labgfs01.informatique.promutuel.ca ]

ClusterIP       (ocf::heartbeat:IPaddr2):       Started labgfs01
Website (ocf::heartbeat:apache):        Started labgfs01

Failed actions:
    dlm:0_monitor_0 (node=labgfs01, call=4, rc=5, status=complete): not installed
    dlm:0_monitor_0 (node=labgfs02, call=4, rc=5, status=complete): not installed

As you can see I tried adding the monitor for the DLM but its not working, the ressource manager doesn't register it.
If im not mistaken the DLM is running:

Module                  Size  Used by
dlm                   159937  0
configfs               62301  2 dlm

When I manually run the CRM script to check if the ressource is available I get this:
Unfortunately Im not sure if im doing this right...

[root at labgfs01 pacemaker]# OCF_ROOT=/usr/lib/ocf/ ./controld start
controld[449]: ERROR: Setup problem: Couldn't find utility dlm_controld.pcmk

Im stuck here... can someone help and/or shed some light on my ignorance?

Thanx you

ps: btw you might have noticed that hosts appear twice as nodes under two different names.
If someone knows how to remove these please tell me. thanx

Patrick Ouellet
Administrateur de system Linux
Direction Technologie
Groupe Promutuel

418 840-1188, poste 2393
1 800 510-4630

promutuel.ca <http://www.promutuel.ca/>

 Si vous devez imprimer ce document, faites-le recto verso. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire de ce message, veuillez le détruire après avoir informé l'expéditeur de son erreur. Par ailleurs, il est interdit de copier ou de modifier tout courriel sans l'autorisation de l'auteur. Promutuel n'assume aucune responsabilité à l'égard du contenu des messages personnels envoyés par ses employés.