[Pacemaker] Need an idea for dynamic configuration dependng on resource distribution

Andreas Mock Andreas.Mock at web.de
Tue Apr 27 09:58:37 EDT 2010

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Michael Schwartzkopff <misch at multinet.de>
Gesendet: 27.04.2010 14:51:58
An: The Pacemaker cluster resource manager <pacemaker at oss.clusterlabs.org>
Betreff: Re: [Pacemaker] Need an idea for dynamic configuration dependng on resource distribution

>Am Dienstag, 27. April 2010 14:45:21 schrieb Andreas Mock:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I need an idea how I could achieve the following with corosync/pacemaker.
>> 2 servers in a cluster. Each server is running a resource on its own by
>> pacemaker configuration in the default case (everything o.k.). In this
>> scenario the resources shall take as much "server estate" as possible.
>> As soon as one server fails and one of the resources has to move so that
>> both resources run on one server I would like to change the configuration
>> so that both resources share the "server estate".
>>
>> Has anyone an idea how to achieve this?
>> Or probably done before successfully?
>
>First solution:
>Write external scripts that check the coexistance of the services on a node
>and reconfigure them accordingly.

Hi Michael,

That's too late. Both services have been started already probably tearing down the server.
I don't know if there is a way to get the result of the newly calculated transition.
The RA needs to know that it shall start the resource knowing that the other resource
will be started on the same node. Is there a api for that kind of "knowledge"
in the cluster? A way to transport the result of a calculated transition to the RA?
Probably ptest at RA runtime?

Best regards
Andreas Mock