[Pacemaker] Searching for a viable Debian solution

Quentin Smith quentin at MIT.EDU
Sat Apr 24 02:30:35 EDT 2010

On Sat, 24 Apr 2010, Paul Gear wrote:

> On 24/04/10 15:05, Quentin Smith wrote:
>> Hi Paul,
>>
>> Current clvm actually supports multiple locking schemes, including both
>> the old redhat cluster stack and modern corosync/openais. We use Ubuntu
>> Hardy with backported corosync and clvm packages, and it works pretty
>> well. Hand-backporting is not for the faint of heart, though.
>>
>> --Quentin
>
> Thanks for the thoughts Quentin.  Would you mind sharing your current
> versions (of clvm, corosync, openais, and pacemaker) and VM technology?

It's not currently in a good state for being deployed elsewhere, but you
can look at http://invirt.mit.edu/. You can also steal our backports out
of our apt repo at http://xvm.mit.edu/invirt/, but they obviously come
with _no warranty_.

> I agree about hand-backporting - i'd be more inclined to run unstable than to
> hand-backport.

It looks like semi-recent corosync is in sid - maybe it also has a recent
clvm?

> Any ideas on whether LVs in the same VG can be used on different hosts
> simultaneously with cLVM?

Yes, that is the whole premise of cLVM; LVs can be used by any number of
hosts simultaneously. (Obviously, you need to make sure that if you mount
the same LV from multiple places, that you're using a filesystem that can
be mounted simultaneously such as OCFS).

--Quentin