[Pacemaker] long time to start

Schaefer, Diane E diane.schaefer at unisys.com
Mon Apr 19 14:23:03 EDT 2010

>> Actually this RA waits for the sync to complete. If it takes longer than

>> the allotted time-out, Pacemaker SIGTERM/SIGKILLs it. The issue is if it

>> can never complete in the allotted time frame...

>Then make the timeout longer?

I could make the timeout longer, although I'm not sure that would help in all cases.  I am most concerned about a resource that can not start due to some db issue.  This seems to put my entire cluster on hold until the timeout and then the failure threshold is reached which may take quite a long time.  I would have expected that other monitor "not running" status returns could be serviced and restarted while this one thread is hung.  In my case, the resources are somewhat independent and I'd expect one hung resource not to stop other resources defined from restarting if necessary.

Diane Schaefer