[Pacemaker] Which kernel version works reliably together with corosync and clvm?

Andreas Gabriel gabriel at hrz.uni-marburg.de
Wed Apr 28 14:25:53 EDT 2010

Hi,

we are currently testing a cluster environment on debian lenny with
a self compiled native kernel (2.6.32.2 amd64) because clvm
hangs on start on the second node if we are using debian's kernel.
Kill -9 cannot stop clvm, a reboot is necessary. With the self compiled
kernel clvm works on all nodes, but after entering some lvm commands clvm hangs again.
It seems that kernel's DLM is not fully compatible with
running controld and clvm. Can anybody tell me which kernel version works
reliably with which version of corosync and clvm?

Kind regards
Andreas

kernel (2.6.32.2 amd64)
corosync 1.2.0-1~bpo50+1
clvm 2.02.53-2.1~bpo50+1

--
Dr. Andreas Gabriel, Hochschulrechenzentrum
Hans-Meerwein-Str., 35032 Marburg, fon +49 (0)6421 28-23560 fax -26994