[Pacemaker] New to Pacemaker - Firewall Question

Jake Bogie jbogie at SureSource.com
Thu Apr 15 11:37:45 EDT 2010

Hey All,

I'm trying to learn some more about Clusters for some research I'm
doing. First thing I need to say is this project is absolutely
AWESOME!!!

I've installed and enabled the Pacemaker system and I have it running.

The issue I am dealing with is that whenever IPTABLES is enabled the
cluster nodes cannot see one another. If I flush all of the rules from
IPTABLES the nodes talk to one another perfectly fine.

I have two ring interfaces:

        interface {

                ringnumber: 0

bindnetaddr:172.16.103.0

mcastaddr:224.1.0.1

mcastport:4000

        }

        interface {

                ringnumber: 1

bindnetaddr:172.16.104.0

mcastaddr:224.2.0.1

mcastport:4000

        }

And I added the following rules to IPTABLES:

-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -p udp -d 224.1.0.1 -j ACCEPT

-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -p udp -d 224.2.0.1 -j ACCEPT

#-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -p udp --dport 4000 -d 224.1.0.1 -j ACCEPT

#-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -p udp --dport 4000 -d 224.2.0.1 -j ACCEPT

The two commented out rules didn't work so I tried the two above.

What am I missing here?

Thanks,

Jake