[Pacemaker] Pacemaker and Software Mirroring Support

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Thu Apr 8 02:30:27 EDT 2010

Hi Geoff,

CC'ing the list so that the answer can be of benefit to others...

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 8:16 PM, Geoff Batterham
<geoff.batterham at agerica.com> wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> I have a quick question before I go too far down the wrong path in my
> investigation with potential clustering software solutions such as
> Pacemaker. If you could answer my following question I would greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Does Pacemaker support software mirroring.

Pacemaker is storage agnostic.
It really doesn't care how you keep the data in sync, you can use
carrier pidgins if you like :-)

Some people use SANs, others prefer drbd (software mirroring), rsync
batch jobs, and even nothing in some cases (ie. when they're serving
up a static site).
Check out our "clusters from scratch" doc, it has a step-by-step guide
to building up an active/active cluster using drbd for the software
mirroring.