[Pacemaker] Time/Date Based Expressions in the CRM Shell

Alan Robertson alanr at unix.sh
Thu Apr 1 00:32:34 EDT 2010

Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 10:56:29AM +0100, Darren.Mansell at opengi.co.uk wrote:
>> Apologies if this is in the documentation but I can't see how to use the
>> time/date based expression resource constraints in the CRM shell.
>
> There's usage in the crm shell documentation and help for the
> location constraint (crm configure help location). There's
> nothing about the date format, but you should be able to find
> about that in the configuration explained document. It's some ISO
> standard (looks a bit awkward).
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dejan
>
>> Can anyone provide an example config or point me to any documentation
>> for how to use it?
>>
>> I'm trying to use these constraints to run scripts at certain times
>> using the Anything RA, essentially using Pacemaker like an advanced
>> cron. Does this sound like the right way to do it?

The strictly time-based one based on the ISO date format isn't so
interesting (IMHO) - because once the date has passed, it has passed.
But there is one which is very much modeled after cron that seems quite
interesting to me.

 From what I can tell, that's the format you'd use for doing things like
"fail my resources back on Sunday night between 0200 and 0300".

--
     Alan Robertson <alanr at unix.sh>

Wilberforce