[Pacemaker] Can OpenAISs components work with Pacemaker? Whats therelationship between Pacemaker and SA forum?

Steven Dake sdake at redhat.com
Sun Sep 27 15:58:09 EDT 2009

On Sun, 2009-09-27 at 11:11 +0800, xin.liang at cs2c.com.cn wrote:
>   HI,everyone ;-)
>
> I'm pretty new in the HA world, and I'm from China.
>
> When I'd download the code of OpenAIS(Whitetank), I found some
> components in it. Such as AMF,CKPT,CLM,MSG.....
>
> Can these components work simultaneously well with Pacemaker all based
> on the Totem Protocol ? If yes, how to write in the openais.conf
> file ?

Yes although AMF is experimental.

> And, What's the relationship between Pacemaker and SA forum
> (http://www.saforum.org/) ?

There is no relationship.  Pacemaker simply plugs into the
infrastructure provided by openais.

Upstream, we have broken apart the SA Forum APIs and the infrastructure
into openais and corosync respectively.  Even with corosync it is
possible to use pacemaker and openais 1.1.0 (wilson) at the same time.

Regards
-steve