[Pacemaker] pacemaker gui suggestion

Yan Gao ygao at novell.com
Tue Sep 22 02:25:36 EDT 2009

E-Blokos wrote:
> That's true I can work with shadow file...
Right, and you could batch changes together via it.

> Need to have the automatism.. ;)
That always has two sides. Another user might want to apply every change as soon as
he clicks "ok". And if the GUI auto-starts the shadow configuration, how could it
know when you decide to finish the settings? so that it could commit the changes.
Otherwise if it's half-automatic, users might forget to commit the changes...

>     maybe it would be cool to unmanage resources automatically when
>     the user goes into the settings, because if not it's really slow...
How's it like? when you do inputting, or when you apply changes?

Yan Gao

ygao at novell.com
Software Engineer
China Server Team, OPS Engineering