[Pacemaker] eth0:0: warning: name may be invalid

Ty! Boyack ty at nrel.colostate.edu
Fri May 29 03:37:44 EDT 2009

Interesting.  Sorry to have offered things that you already knew :-)

I think you may have a bug case -- I would imagine that systems with two
interfaces on the same subnet are less tested than other scenarios.  I
know I had a similar situation on a HA pair for a firewall, and I just
ended up writing my own resource script (old version of heartbeat, not a
true OCF script).  You may want to do the same or just copy the IPAddr2
script to your own new ocf agent and modify it.  On a quick glance, it
does look like that script might take the 'nic' parameter as some sort
of suggestion, but regardless it runs the 'findif' utility to make some
auto-determination of which interface it should really use.  If you are
already sure you want it to be eth0:0, I would just edit that script to
skip the findif parts and force it to take your 'nic' parameter.  It
should be a fairly small edit, and it would at least get you going.

If you have not played with adding your own resource scripts before, I
would add them in your own directory parallel to the "heartbeat"
directory.  Then just set your "provider" to the name of your
directory.  The only reason for this is to prevent an upgrade from
wiping out your changes.

Good luck,

-Ty!