[Pacemaker] lvm2-clvm RPMs in opensuse.org package repo?

Martin Gerhard Loschwitz martin.loschwitz at linbit.com
Thu May 28 03:23:28 EDT 2009

Andrew Beekhof wrote:
> On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 3:57 PM, Florian Haas <florian at linbit.com> wrote:
>> Hmmm.
>>
>> Debian lenny is on 2.6.26, and it already has clvm, albeit including a
>> dependency on cman which is now probably obsolete. Rumor has it that
>> Martin is working on fixing that. :)
>
> Right.
> I've basically come to the conclusion that I should disable the builds
> for Debian-based distros.
>
> The build service doesn't create them correctly and I'm in no position
> to verify them.
> Once he's done, these will be the official debian builds for pacemaker
> (and probably the rest of the stack too).

Andrew,

thank you very much for the trust you put in me; i'm most delighted
about it. :-)

As for the topic mentioned in the subject, I prepared some packages
to make lvm and clvm work with my openais-legacy packages (and
without the cman-dependency, thus leaving the outdated openais-
packages out of the loop). To use them in Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 alias
Lenny, add the following to your sources.list-file:

"deb http://people.debian.org/~madkiss/clvm/amd64 ./" (for amd64)
"deb http://people.debian.org/~madkiss/clvm/i386 ./" (for i386)
"deb http://people.debian.org/~madkiss/clvm/src ./" (for sources)

Additionally, you will need this for openais-legacy:

"deb http://people.debian.org/~madkiss/ha/lenny/ ./" (for amd64)
"deb http://people.debian.org/~madkiss/ha/lenny/i386 ./" (for i386)

Just install the "clvm-openais"-package afterwards. If you have any
pinning in place, you will need to change that accordingly.

Please note that these packages are designwise not compatible with
the standard Lenny ones. A better solution for clvm-openais needs
to be found as soon as cman and openais in unstable were brought to
a more recent state than the one they are in at the moment.

Best regards
Martin

--
: Martin G. Loschwitz			Tel +43-1-8178292-63  :
: LINBIT Information Technologies GmbH	Fax +43-1-8178292-82  :