[Pacemaker] [Fwd: Re: [RfC] Redesigned Debian HA packages, try 2 (was: try 1)]]

Martin Gerhard Loschwitz martin.loschwitz at linbit.com
Tue May 26 20:18:24 EDT 2009

Raoul Bhatia [IPAX] schrieb:
> 8. q. should pacemaker-openais add the service definition for pacemaker
> to /etc/init.d/openais.conf?
>
> e.g.:
>
>> service {
>> 	# Load the Pacemaker Cluster Resource Manager
>> 	ver:       0
>> 	name:      pacemaker
>> 	use_mgmtd: yes
>> }
>
> cheers,
> raoul

This is a rather tough thing. I am not sure that this is allowed by the
Debian policy (I am, in fact, rather sure that it's not).

Having this happen automatically would involve some magic in the postinst
script of pacemaker, and accordingly some more magic in the postrm script
to remove the stanza that was previously added.

Additionally, we would be modifying a configuration file that does not
even belong to the package itself (pacemaker-openais vs. openais.conf).

I will take a look at the policy tomorrow to check in how far this is
legal in Debian terms; don't expect too much,tho.

M.

--
: Martin G. Loschwitz			Tel +43-1-8178292-63  :
: LINBIT Information Technologies GmbH	Fax +43-1-8178292-82  :