[Pacemaker] OpenAIS vs. Corosync

Steven Dake sdake at redhat.com
Fri May 22 13:03:05 EDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-05-22 at 11:42 -0500, Karl Katzke wrote:
> > Karl,
> >
> > we are closing in on the final days of openais and corosync versions
> > 1.0.
> >
> > Regards
> > -steve
>
> So? When will we see some stable, well-documented configurations that aren't supported and tested by only one specific vendor?
>
> -K

Karl,

I assume vendors will start to pick up corosync 1.0 and openais 1.0
after its released and begin to support it then.  The timeline for
openais-0.80.3 to be fully supported and widely distributed took several
years.

I wouldn't expect this big delay for Corosync since the code base is
similar.  I expect the transition to Corosync will be rapid once
pacemaker is ported to it and its proven itself to be stable.  If you
want to help, I recommend asking your OS vendor to support Corosync in
their products.

Regards
-steve