[Pacemaker] OpenAIS vs. Corosync

Karl Katzke kkatzke at tamu.edu
Fri May 22 10:27:17 EDT 2009

> > Well, I'm still not sure what the state of OpenAIS/CoroSync is, but seem to
> > encounter only more problems the farther I dig in to it.
>
> This is quite unsurprising.
> The CoroSync API has changed almost daily for the last few months.
>
> If you really want to use CoroSync, I'd suggest compiling it and
> pacemaker from source (so you know they'll be compatible).

Translation: While stable milestones have been completed, you might do well to look at the versions that are in a release like SLES11-hae --

libpacemaker3-1.0.3-4.1
pacemaker-1.0.3-4.1
openais-0.80.3-26.1
libopenais2-0.80.3-26.1
libheartbeat2-2.99.3-14.1
heartbeat-common-2.99.3-14.1
heartbeat-resources-2.99.3-14.1

-- and replicate those versions. Right now, the development work on openais, heartbeat, pacemaker, and corosync may be too fast to keep up with unless you're intimately involved in the development and alpha-testing process, which is and will not be suitable for production use.

Welcome to open-source. ;)  In my past experience, things usually settle down once the fall rolls around because the students and professors go back to school.

-K

---
Karl Katzke
Systems Analyst II