[Pacemaker] DRBD primary/primary

Florian Haas florian at linbit.com
Fri May 22 04:48:10 EDT 2009

On 05/21/2009 11:12 PM, Nicholas Dronen wrote:
> Hi:
>
> The wiki says that DRBD primary/primary isn't supported yet:
>
>     http://clusterlabs.org/wiki/DRBD_HowTo_1.0
>
> Is there a workaround?

lmb and Dominik are probably going to hit me over the head with a 2x4
for suggesting this, but until we finally fix the drbd OCF RA to
reliably support master_max=2, here's a rather crude one:

1. Take DRBD out of your Pacemaker config altogether;
2. Enable "allow-two-primaries;" and "become-primary-on both;" in your
drbd.conf.
3. Make sure the drbd service is started on system boot (chkconfig drbd on).
4. Make sure you configure and enable STONITH in your pacemaker config.
5. Utilize your DRBD resource as you would a shared storage device.

No warranty of any kind. :)

Cheers,
Florian