[Pacemaker] globally-unique clone question

Eliot Gable egable at broadvox.net
Thu May 21 11:39:00 EDT 2009

The typical usage in this case would be to make all mail servers serve all domains (virtual domain support) and then run N instances across those N servers. Then there is no per-server unique information to deal with. Then you can run, for example, load sharing between the nodes using iptables CLUSTERIP (since all nodes would then be serving the same data) and put a constraint in the CIB that says that if the clone fails on a node, pull that node from the load-sharing config by stopping or moving away your load-sharing resource. At least, that's how I would do it.

Eliot Gable
Senior Engineer
1228 Euclid Ave, Suite 390
Cleveland, OH 44115

Direct: 216-373-4808
Fax: 216-373-4657
egable at broadvox.net

CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION.  This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please call me immediately.  BROADVOX is a registered trademark of Broadvox, LLC.