[Pacemaker] trigger STONITH for testing purposes

Bob Haxo bhaxo at sgi.com
Wed May 20 12:39:39 EDT 2009

Hi Andrew,

> I'd say you removed no-quorum-policy=ignore

Actually, the pair of no_quorum_policy and no-quorum-policy are set to
"ignore", and expected-quorum-votes is set to "2":

  <crm_config>
    <cluster_property_set id="cib-bootstrap-options">
      <nvpair id="cib-bootstrap-options-expected-quorum-votes" name="expected-quorum-votes" value="2"/>
      <nvpair id="cib-bootstrap-options-no_quorum_policy" name="no_quorum_policy" value="ignore"/>
      <nvpair id="nvpair-1d2c923d-7619-4b45-989a-698357f9f8cb" name="no-quorum-policy" value="ignore"/>
      </cluster_property_set>
   </crm_config>

Removing the no-quorum-policy=ignore and no_quorum_policy=ignore (as in,
deleting the variables) left the cluster unable to failover with either
an ifdown iface or with a node reboot.  The state displayed by the GUI
did not agree with the state displayed by crm_mon (the GUI showed the
ifdown or rebooted node as still controlling resources, whereas crm_mon
showed the resources unavailable ... both showed the inaccessible node
as offline).

Setting the no-quorum-policy=stop had the same results, which included
the resources not migrating to the working system until returning
no-quorum-policy=ignore.  One of the tests led to filesystem corruption.
Very messy.  (this is a test-only setup, so no real data is present)

So, no, the change that I made was neither deleting nor setting
no-quorum-policy=stop.  Setting no-quorum-policy=ignore seems to be
required for the cluster to support migrations and failovers.

Cheers and thanks,
Bob Haxo