[Pacemaker] crm_resource -C vs. crm/resource/cleanup

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Mon May 11 12:39:38 EDT 2009

Hi,

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 10:53:36AM -0500, Karl Katzke wrote:

> Are there any differences between crm_resource -C -r [-N] and
> the crm shell's resource/cleanup command? I know that both of
> them act on the lrmd objects, but I'm not sure if they do
> different things or what the preferred way of running things
> would be. I've been having to do a lot of cleanup recently as
> I'm configuring a cluster for the first time with pacemaker,
> and deleting objects doesn't always seem to clean up all of the
> LRM resource objects in the cib.

Basically yes, it's just that the shell can also cleanup for all
nodes it finds in the cluster (i.e. if you don't specify a node).
So, it can save you some shell (as in bourne) scripting.

> Also, what does this message when running `crm_verify -LV` mean?
>
> crm_verify[13712]: 2009/05/11_10:25:35 WARN: unpack_rsc_op: Operation fs-mount-xen-lock_monitor_0 found resource fs-mount-xen-lock active on app-03

Exactly what it says.

> That resource *should* indeed be running on app-03, and it is.
> Deleting the resource and it's ordering/colocation
> dependencies, then running the cleanup script across all nodes
> using `resource cleanup fs-mount-xen-lock` in the crm shell was
> required to get rid of those messages.

You can run crm resource cleanup only on one node (or I
misunderstood).

Once its status is cleaned up, the CRM checks status of the
resource. Hence the message. You can ignore it.

Thanks,

Dejan