[Pacemaker] lenny + clvm + pacemaker/openais...

Alain St-Denis alain.st-denis at ec.gc.ca
Wed May 27 16:42:19 EDT 2009

Hi,

The openais library provided with lenny is v 0.83 (which is deprecated as per
openais.org).  clvm built against this version works well (from a tweaked
lenny source package). pacemaker 1.0.2 comes with openais 0.80.5. clvm builds
against openais 0.80.5 but doesn't behave correctly (lvm commands hang and
nothing meaningful is reported in the logs). So I have been trying to build
pacemaker 1.0.3 against openais 0.83. After a few changes, the build succeeds,
but something seems broken that may be related to blocking vs non-blocking i/o
(I replaced the missing openais_response_send/openais_dispatch_send with
openais_conn_send_response hoping it would do the trick, but apparently it
doesn't). I haven't spent too much time on this and I stopped my efforts after
I read 0.83 is deprecated...

I just subscribed to the list and read openais/corosync 1.0 is close and
Andrew is getting is compiler out. So I may as well wait for pacemaker over
corosync 1.0.

Has anybody been working on clvm over corosync? Ubuntu Jaunty includes
corosync 0.92, but clvm 2.02.39 doesn't build against this version. I realize
this might not be the appropriate list for this question, but the openais list
is rather mute about clvm while I found a few clvm messages in this list.

TIA
Alain
--
Alain St-Denis
Supercomputing, Systems and Storage / Superinformatique, systèmes et stockage,