[Pacemaker] H.A. on SLES 11?

Andrew Beekhof beekhof at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 05:28:58 EDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 10:40, LLLActive at GMX.Net <LLLActive at gmx.net> wrote:
> Martin Gerhard Loschwitz wrote:
>> ... There was the need to invent a packaging design that would allow
>> Pacemaker to be built with OpenAIS and yet have the heartbeat-parts
>> it needs -- without having to install the complete Heartbeat suite.
>> So the heartbeat packages got split up into a schema that mostly
>> corresponds to the way that the SLES people decided to use for their
>> Heartbeat stuff.
>
> This is what I need with SLES 11. At the moment I am testing with SLES
> 11 RC4. My time is quite limited,

You have limited time and are testing a 2 ?3? month old pre-release?

> so I need to set up and test HA on
> the RC4 system and then only needing to copy across the configurations
> on SLES 11 when it officially comes out.
>
> My original thread about this problem was started on
> linux-ha at lists.linux-ha.org. It seems probable that the
> pacemaker at oss.clusterlabs.org list will be the one for SLES from now
> on, as SLES is dropping HA with heartbeat.

Well pacemaker at oss.clusterlabs.org is for anything to do with Pacemaker.
It doesn't matter which stack you're using.

> I did not have these dependency problems on a SLES 10 SP2 system as
> far as I can recall.

Not sure how thats relevant, unless you're installing SLES10 rpms on a
SLES11 system... which is of course going to fail.

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server://ha-clustering://UNSTABLE/openSUSE_11.1/x86_64/