[Pacemaker] Monitor a resource without the cluster reacting to the result...

Joe Bill foxycode at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 25 19:19:58 EDT 2009

Hi Dominik!

dk at in-telegence wrote:
>> I'd love to see something like:
>>
>> # crm_resource -m check_level resource_id
>> ..
>
>This should be possible:
>
>export OCF_ROOT=/usr/lib/ocf
>export OCF_RESKEY_<your_variable>=<your_value>
>export OCF_RESKEY_<your_variable2>=<your_value2>
>$OCF_ROOT/resource.d/<your_provider>/<your_script> monitor
>echo $?

Thanks, but I'm afraid you missed my point.

> What's your use case though? Why do you need this and
> what for?

Hint: on-line db maintenance. I'd like to leverage on one
of the cluster's features, that the cluster guarantees that
one, and only one cluster initiated operation can perform at
once.

> Do you not "trust" the cluster?

Certainly. But why did you suggest to bypass the cluster
all together ?