[Pacemaker] Three questions...

Romi Verma romi3rdfeb at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 06:44:04 EDT 2009

> i guess if DC fails then CRM will elect any other node for DC role and then
> , this new DC  will try to fence the errant node , if it fails to fence then
> it will choose other node for this fencing task.

 Andrew could you please confirm the above .

one thing more related to stonith design. suppose we have 4 nodes cluster so
do we need 3 stoniths on each node ( to make a node eligible to kill any of
other 3 nodes ) that will lead to 3x4 stoniths or  do we need only  one
stonith on  each node that will be total 4 stoniths .

i experimented this and found that 3 stoniths on each node is required but i
guess it should not be the c ase as CIB has the stonith info so even if
stonith is not running on a node it shoul be able to  read the stonith
related info from CIB.

Thanks,