[Pacemaker] Andrew and Lars please confirm this.

Romi Verma romi3rdfeb at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 04:30:51 EST 2009

> How does a node in Australia connect to a stonith device in Germany if
> the network is down?
> Or more generally, how can the nodes in Australia ensure that the
> nodes in Germany are not running the same services?
>
> How do you even know that the nodes in Australia should take over?

ok so it seems i am missing something here.  lets take an example of two
nodes cluster. my understanding is , pacemaker cluster will be using one
network (bind nw interface)  for heartbeat  and if it fails then it , both
node will be in split brain situation and both will try to fence each
other.  now for fencing if we are using ilo then , it will be using entirely
different network and this way it shoud work .  if ilo network becomes down
, then off course the stonith will not work.  and this will be second
failure. here our goal is to prevent  single point of failure.

so the above thing should be independent of distance, in spite of we are
having local cluster , or  extended cluster (whose nodes are spanning across
multiple sites) , the stonith behavior should be same. am i wrong??