[Pacemaker] Andrew and Lars please confirm this.

Andrew Beekhof beekhof at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 07:50:33 EST 2009

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 06:32, Romi Verma <romi3rdfeb at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 1:22 PM, Romi Verma <romi3rdfeb at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> ok, so let me summarize what i understood.
>> we can form a openais/pacemaker cluster whose nodes span across multiple
>> sites. these sites can be as close as just adjacent rooms or they can be
>> across continent  also.  only problem is in case of communication failure ,
>> openais-pacemaker does not have any solution yet.

Not quite.

Comms failures lead to split-brains (regardless of where the servers
are or even whether openais or heartbeat is used).

Pacemaker has various options for how it behaves during a split-brain, but
1) Its more desirable to avoid them in the first place
2) None of the strategies are (yet) really suited to failing over from
one physical location to another