[Pacemaker] [Linux-HA] Re: [Openais] Need your help.

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Wed Jan 28 10:57:41 EST 2009

On 2009-01-28T15:09:28, Lars Ellenberg <lars.ellenberg at linbit.com> wrote:

> > You NEVER edit cib.xml manually. _Never_. Only through tools such as
> > hb_gui, the "crm" shell, cibadmin etc.
> maybe you should store the cib.xml on disk in
>  rot13(plaintext) ^ 0xc0ffee
> or some such ;)

The idea is not actually without merit ... The checksums apparently
aren't sufficient to deter users from doing it.

Maybe simply bziping it would be sufficient. Then we could claim it is
not to protect us from users but for efficiency ;-}

(Like the checksums are _of course_ meant to protect against data
corruptions; never mind that 95% of the real use cases are admins ;-)

Regards,
    Lars