[Pacemaker] IPMI Stonith

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Tue Jan 20 07:55:55 EST 2009

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 08:00:50PM +0100, Adrian Chapela wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I am thinking again on the stonith. IPMI could be an option, but is it
> really a good option for production ? What happen if the network break
> down ?

You need to provide different paths for the heartbeat and
connection to the ipmi devices.

Also, make your power supply resilient: if a node loses power,
the ipmi device will be dead too, and your cluster will wait
forever for the fencing to succeed.

> Is totally resolved the split brain ? Have you tested with HP
> Proliant Servers ?

I think that people use ipmi with proliants.

Thanks,

Dejan