[Pacemaker] When STONITH is not completed, a resource starts.

Andrew Beekhof beekhof at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 07:37:56 EST 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 09:59,  <renayama19661014 at ybb.ne.jp> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> > 1)I make it the state that a resource starts in a standby node.
>> > 2)I change it so that a stop error occurs in a dummy resource.
>> > 3)I generate the monitor error of the dummy resource in a standby
>> > node.
>> > 4)After a stop error, STONITH is carried out by a partner node.
>> > 5)Keep STONITH from a standby node waiting.
>> > 6)While STONITH is not completed, I reboot a standby node.
>>
>> Is this in a two-node cluster?
> Yes.
>
>> > Though STONITH from a DC node does not succeed, a resource is started.
>> > When STONITH did not succeed, the resource was not started at a non-
>> > DC node.
>>
>> I don't understand what you're saying here.
>> The first statement says a resource was started and the second says it
>> wasn't... they can't both be true.
>
> I'm sorry.
> It caused misunderstanding.
>
> It is time when STONITH is carried out in the environment of two nodes by a standby node.
>
> A resource is started without waiting for completion of STONITH from a DC node.
> While STONITH is not completed, this problem happens if an active node fell.

So let me see if I understand this correctly...

You start with two healthy nodes.

You cause a resource on A to fail, at which point B tries to shoot it.

The stonith op never completes and before it times out, you restart B.

Resources get started on B.

Questions:

Is the above accurate?
Is only the dummy resource started, or are other ones started too?
When B comes up again, does it form a two-node cluster with A?
Is A still up or has it become the DC and shot itself?

> I confirmed the same confirmation based on OpenAIS.
> However, in OpenAIS, the same problem did not occur.
> In OpenAIS, the start of the resource is evaded well.

Sorry, parsing error... I can't tell if you're saying the problem also
exists for clusters based on OpenAIS.
I think you're saying it does not happen if you use OpenAIS instead of
Heartbeat.