[Pacemaker] Seeking advice on debian 2 node active/passive webserver

Matthew Palmer mpalmer at hezmatt.org
Wed Dec 30 20:04:51 EST 2009

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 10:54:59AM +0100, fred at fredleroy.com wrote:
> Many thanks for your help !
>
> just one question about your mysql ip.
> Do you use a dedicated ip for mysql ? Why not just refer to localhost ?

We have a strong policy of "one service, one IP", on the basis that sooner
or later we're going to want to split services onto separate machines, and
just being able to "float" the service IP somewhere else alongside the
service itself is a lot less hassle than synchronising DNS changes with
switchovers.

- Matt