[Pacemaker] Help with Pacemaker 2-node Router Setup

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Mon Dec 28 07:11:08 EST 2009

Hi,

On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 01:33:05AM -0500, Eric Renfro wrote:
> Eric Renfro wrote:
[...]
> Aha!
> The problem is in the Route script itself somewhere. In doing the
> same tests you exampled earlier, the very first monitor attempt on
> Route, while the net0 interface is empty and offline, I get the
> error that was shown in the previous log snipped:
>
> Route[26705]: ERROR: Gateway address 24.227.124.157 is unreachable.

Always best to look for log lines from lrmd when troubleshooting
resource problems.

> So the problem is, Route fails with an incorrect error code when
> it's just that it can't create a route because the interface is
> currently offline. It should report 7 because it's not started.

If you think that this is not a desired behaviour, please file a
bugzilla.

> After looking again at:
> http://hg.linux-ha.org/agents/log/56b9100f9c49/heartbeat/Route
> and then finding out ocf_is_probe was non-existant, looking at: http://hg.linux-ha.org/agents/file/56b9100f9c49/heartbeat/.ocf-shellfuncs.in

ocf_is_probe is fairly recent, I guess that you updated the Route
RA without updating ocf-shellfuncs.

> I was able to patch together a fix that worked. The script of
> shellfuncs in that example didn't work with the -a
> $OCF_RESKEY_CRM_meta_interval because of too many arguments,

Where did too many arguments come from?

> but
> omitting that part entirely resolved the issue overall. It
> successfully brings the route up right from the start.
>

> Now that that issue is resolved for the time being....
>
> How would I make it once it takes down the route from resRoute when
> passing control back to the master server, it activates an
> alternative route to get itself back online through the 192.168.0.1
> gateway? I don't even know where to begin to get this logic in
> place. All I know is it has something to do with colocation but how
> exactly I'm uncertain. Any advice and examples would be grateful.

Thanks,

Dejan