[Pacemaker] Help with Pacemaker 2-node Router Setup

Eric Renfro erenfro at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 08:17:29 EST 2009

Errol Neal wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 26, 2009 02:12  AM, Eric Renfro <erenfro at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm trying to setup 2 nodes that'll run pacemaker with openais as the
>> communication layer. Ideally what I want is for router1 to be the master
>> node and take over for router2 if it comes back up fully functional
>> again. In my setup, the routers are both internet-facing servers that
>> toggle the external internet IP to whichever controls it at the time,
>> and also handles the internal IP for the gateway for internal systems to
>> route via.
>>

> Hi. I'm curious if you should be thinking about something like keepalived and it's vrrp implementation versus a openais/pacemaker setup.
> All I know is what you've shared with the list; obviously there could be more to what you are implementing than what you've posted.

Now, honestly as I said before in this thread, I did try keepalived, but
I wasn't very satisfied by it.. When I got both nodes up and running, it
constantly made noise in the logs that would fill the hard drives up
quickly. keepalived is what the company's hosting co-lo provider I work
for recommended and uses on their setup. I'd rather a method such as
pacemaker because of the CRM aspect of it., It's not /just/ a router,
but the intention is to make use of the crm more fully in the end.

--
Eric Renfro