[Pacemaker] crm_master syntax

hj lee kerdosa at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 14:26:34 EST 2009

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 12:52 PM, Frank DiMeo <Frank.DiMeo at bigbandnet.com>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Does anyone know the correct syntax for the crm_master command when used
> from a shell?  I want to promote (and at some point demote) one of my
> multistate resources running on one of my nodes, but haven't found the
> correct syntax for this command yet.
>
> I've tried (among other permutations):
>
> crm_master -r ms-world1 -U ubuntu_1 -v on
>
> where ms-world1 is the id of one of my multistate resources, and ubuntu_1
> is one of my nodes.  This didn't work, and I can't find any other
> permutation that does.

The resource name should be the instance name of multistate clone, for
example world:0 or world:1 if the primitive resource name is world. The
crm_master also requires -l option. The score is passed in -v option, it
should be number. So the correct syntax will be:

crm_master -r world:0 -l reboot -v 1000
This command will work at the node where world:1 is currently running!

If you want to specify node name, then you can use crm_attribute command
instead of crm_master. The crm_master is a wrapper of crm_attribure.

Thanks
hj