[Pacemaker] force to add a node

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Wed Dec 16 14:26:48 EST 2009

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 5:59 PM, E-Blokos <infos at e-blokos.com> wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
>> Did you supply a node id in openais.conf?
>
> no, it's commented as it's written as optional

yes, it is. but if you don't specify one its generated from the ip address.
thus when you changed the ip address the nodeid also changed.

that would have confused things - although 1.0.6 should be able to handle it ok.

>> Otherwise, did you make sure the bindnetaddr is correct in openais.conf?
>
> yes, I use the main IP of every node, not the network class.
>
> so put off all nodes and openais,

thats the bit that would have fixed it, stopping the cluster
everywhere (so that the other nodes forgot about the old nodeid)