[Pacemaker] Question on implementation of CCM and pacemaker FSA

Javen Wu wu.javen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 08:15:44 EST 2009

Hi Experts,

I tried to understand the implementation of heartbeat and pacemaker. Now I
am confused by the CCM implementation and pacemaker FSA.

My understanding is CCM(Consensus cluster membership) is to provide cluster
membership and form a cluster based on low level membership (LLM) of
heartbeat. So I saw a join protocol and state mechine in heartbeat
ccm_statemechine.c.

However, when I read FSA state machine in pacemaker codes, I saw  there is
another join protocol. I am confused by the two join state machine. Why FSA
still "form" a cluster again? What's the relationship between the CCM join
protocol and FSA join protocol?

CIB is client of CCM, CRM is client of CIB. Why FSA need form a cluster from
begining again?

Thanks
--
Javen