[Pacemaker] Node crash when 'ifdown eth0'

Oscar Remí­rez de Ganuza Satrústegui oscarrdg at unav.es
Tue Dec 1 11:18:33 EST 2009

Hi,

hj lee escribió:

>     I wanted to test the split-brain situation too and the recovery
>     from it. I also wanted to test a pingd resource and location we
>     also have configured to see it the node put down the resources
>     correctly when it detects no connection to the gateway.
>
>     Anyway, I have checked this situation and configuration
>     successfully "pulling the network cable" from virtualcenter, but i
>     got worried finding out that openais crashed and could not recover
>     when the network interface gets down.
>
> Hi Oscar,
>
> Did you modify pingd resource agent or create new resource to put down
> the resources on split-brain situation?

I wanted to put down the resources when a node had no connection to the
gateway, which is not exactly the same as a solution for a "split-brain"
situation (or is it?).

Anyway, I did not have to modify anything, just configured the "normal"
pingd resource and a location constraint. As I found on:
http://www.clusterlabs.org/wiki/Example_configurations#Failover_IP__Service_in_a_Group_running_on_a_connected_node

Regards,

Oscar RdG