[Pacemaker] Node crash when 'ifdown eth0'

Oscar Remí­rez de Ganuza Satrústegui oscarrdg at unav.es
Tue Dec 1 02:33:46 EST 2009

Hi,

Steven Dake escribió:
> On Mon, 2009-11-30 at 17:05 -0700, hj lee wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 3:05 PM, Steven Dake <sdake at redhat.com> wrote:
>>         > On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 9:01 AM, Oscar Remí­rez de Ganuza
>>         Satrústegui
>>         > <oscarrdg at unav.es> wrote:
>>         > > In our tests, when we bring down the network interface
>>         (ifdown eth0), the
>>

>>         What is the use case for ifdown eth0 (ie what are you trying
>>         to verify)?
>>
>> I have the same test case. In my case, when two nodes cluster is
>> disconnect, I want to see split-brain. And then I want to see the
>> split-brain handler resets one of nodes. What I want to verify is that
>> the cluster will recover network disconnection and split-brain
>> situation.
>>

> ifconfig eth0 down is a totally different then testing if there is a
> node disconnection.  When corosync detects eth0 being taken down, it
> binds to the interface 127.0.0.1.  This is probably not what you had in
> mind when you wanted to test split brain.  Keep in mind an interface
> taken out of service is different then an interface failing from a posix
> api perspective.
>
> What you really want to test is pulling the network cable between the
> machines.

I wanted to test the split-brain situation too and the recovery from it.
I also wanted to test a pingd resource and location we also have
configured to see it the node put down the resources correctly when it
detects no connection to the gateway.

Anyway, I have checked this situation and configuration successfully
"pulling the network cable" from virtualcenter, but i got worried
finding out that openais crashed and could not recover when the network
interface gets down.

Thanks!

---
Oscar Remírez de Ganuza