[Pacemaker] Help with Pacemaker 2-node Router Setup

Eric Renfro erenfro at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 02:12:49 EST 2009

Hello,

I'm trying to setup 2 nodes that'll run pacemaker with openais as the
communication layer. Ideally what I want is for router1 to be the master
node and take over for router2 if it comes back up fully functional
again. In my setup, the routers are both internet-facing servers that
toggle the external internet IP to whichever controls it at the time,
and also handles the internal IP for the gateway for internal systems to
route via.

My problem is with Route in my setup, so far, and later getting
shorewall to start/stop per whichever nodes active.

Route, in my case in the setup I will show below, is failing to start
initially because I presume the internet IP address is not fully
initialized at the time it's trying to enable the route. If I do a crm
resource cleanup failover-gw, it brings it up just fine. If I try to
move the router_cluster resource to router2 from router1 after it's
fully up, it fails because of failover-gw on router2.

Here's my setup at present. For the moment, until I figure out how to do
it, shorewall is started manually, I want to automate this once the
setup is working, though, perhaps you guys could help me with that as well.

primitive failover-int-ip ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 \
        params ip="192.168.0.1" \
        op monitor interval="2s"
primitive failover-ext-ip ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 \
        params ip="24.227.124.158" cidr_netmask="30"
broadcast="24.227.124.159" nic="net0" \
        op monitor interval="2s" \
        meta target-role="Started"
primitive failover-gw ocf:heartbeat:Route \
        params destination="0.0.0.0/0" gateway="24.227.124.157"
device="net0" \
        meta target-role="Started" \
        op monitor interval="2s"
group router_cluster failover-int-ip failover-ext-ip failover-gw
location router-master router_cluster \
        rule $id="router-master-rule" $role="master" 100: #uname eq router1

I would appreciate as much help as possible. I am fairly new to
pacemaker, but so far all but the Route part of this works well.

Thank you,
Eric Renfro