[Pacemaker] Lustre and Multiple Mount Protection

Michael Schwartzkopff misch at multinet.de
Tue Dec 22 12:52:34 EST 2009

Hi,

The Lustre Filesystem uses a feature called Multiple Mount Protection to make
sure that one device is really only mounted by one node.

My question now: Is this feature really needed in a pacemaker cluster?

In a pacemaker cluster with correctly enables STONITH the cluster manager
takes care that the resource is only mounted on one node, isn't it? At least
in my understanding it should. Only after getting the positive feedback that
the resource was stopped on the other node or the other node was fenced
pacemaker starts the resource on the second node, or?

Greetings,

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
MultiNET Services GmbH

mail: misch at multinet.de
web: www.multinet.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: 85630 Grasbrunn
Geschäftsführer: Günter Jurgeneit, Hubert Martens

---

PGP Fingerprint: F919 3919 FF12 ED5A 2801 DEA6 AA77 57A4 EDD8 979B
Skype: misch42