[Pacemaker] Pacemaker compilation problem with or without --without-heartbeat option

Hunny Bunny tmphb at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 14 18:25:23 EST 2009

Hello folkz,
I'm trying to compile Pacemaker for using it with openAIS stack.

However, when I execute my configuration file with or without
--with-ais --without-heartbeat options it gives me this error:

<--------- snipped --------->
configure: error: in `/var/build/Pacemaker/Pacemaker-1-0-b488dfc5c653':
configure: error: Core Heartbeat utility libraries not found: no
See `config.log' for more details.
<--------- snipped ---------->

But I don't want to use Heartbeat anyway and disable it in config file.
Why Pacemaker complains about this?
Could somebody please point me to the remedy for this problem.

Thank you in advance,

Alex

P.S. my Pacemaker_Conf  file is below

#!/bin/bash

export PREFIX=/usr/local/cluster

./autogen.sh && ./configure \
--prefix=$PREFIX \
--sbindir=$PREFIX/sbin \
--bindir=$PREFIX/bin \
--libdir=$PREFIX/lib \
--libexecdir=$PREFIX/libexec \
--includedir=$PREFIX/include \
--sysconfdir=/etc \
--datarootdir=$PREFIX/share \
--datadir=$PREFIX/share \
--datarootdir=$PREFIX/share \
--mandir=$PREFIX/man \
--docdir=$PREFIX/doc/pacemaker \
--infodir=$PREFIX/info \
--localstatedir=$PREFIX/var \
--with-initdir=/etc/init.d \
--with-ais \
--with-ais-prefix=$PREFIX \
--with-lcrso-dir=$PREFIX/libexec/lcrso \
--with-snmp \
--with-esmtp \
--without-heartbeat \
--enable-thread-safe \