[Pacemaker] long start time

Mark Horton mark at nostromo.net
Fri Dec 11 09:17:28 EST 2009

Hi,

I have a resource that takes about 3 minutes to start.  It's a java
app server and is a little slow to launch.  What I've noticed is while
the app server is starting on one node, no other commands are executed
on other nodes.

For instance, if I put node B into standby, it will not take any
actions needed to put node B into standby while node A is launching
the app server process.  Once the app server has launched, it will
then stop the resources on node B.

This isn't a big problem but was mostly curious about it.  Are there
any options that control this behavior?

I'm using pacemaker 1.0.6 and corosync 1.1.2 downloaded from
http://www.clusterlabs.org/rpm/

Regards,
Mark