[Pacemaker] RHEL 5.4 + pacemaker broken?

jimbob palmer jimbobpalmer at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 08:26:27 EST 2009

Hello,

I am planning an upgrade from heartbeat to pacemaker. The pacemaker is
on new hardware.

I installed RHEL5.4 64-bit and visited the pacemaker website.

The pacemaker website lists the epel-5 repo as the source for
pacemaker software, but the mailing list and elsewhere hints at the
Suse RHEL5 repo.
1.  Which repo is recommended, and what is the purpose of the two
different repos?

With both repos I get an error regarding libperl.so:
 Error: missing dependency: libperl.so is needed by package
pacemaker-1.0.6-1.el5.i386 (clusterlabs)
 Error: missing dependency: libperl.so is needed by package
pacemaker-1.0.5-4.1.el5.i386 (server_ha-clustering)
The errors seem odd because they reference i386 rather than x86_64. RHEL 64-bit.

To work around this I have to manually install a 32-bit version of
perl on a 64-bit distro. This is very unusual.

2. Are there plans to make pacemaker work with the 64-bit version of
RHEL out of the box?

Thanks.