[Pacemaker] How to delete a resource

Colin colin.hch at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 04:53:46 EST 2009

Hi,

when trying to delete a resource, either by replacing the whole
"<resources>"-part of the CIB with cibadmin with a new version where
some resources are missing, or by using a "crm_resource -t primitive
—resource name —delete", I get the following error:

Error performing operation: Update does not conform to the configured schema/DTD

Now since the error doesn't tell me where the problem is, I can only
guess that the problem is that other, dynamic parts of the CIB still
"reference" the resource, and the schema prevents "dangling
references". So if these methods don't work, and the "crm"-shell
doesn't have a "delete" for resources, is there an official and simple
way to delete a resource?

(Otherwise I need to shutdown the cluster on all nodes, trash the cib,
and configure from scratch.)

Thanks, Colin