[Pacemaker] bug in ordering syntax?

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Wed Dec 2 05:59:48 EST 2009

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 9:19 PM, Frank DiMeo <Frank.DiMeo at bigbandnet.com> wrote:
> I’m experimenting with startup sequence and co-location control, and think I
> may have stumbled across a bug.
>

> I have two xml files that I use in my testing as my initial configuration of
> a two node cluster.  I start each node with no configuration, and then use
> cibadmin to “source in” the xml file.  Each file defines two resources as
> well as a startup order and collocation definition.  The only difference
> between the two files is the syntax I use to specify the startup order.
>

> When I use the syntax:
>

> <rsc_order id="order-1" first="world1" then="world2" score="INFINITY" />
>

> Everything works fine.  I can put either of the two nodes into standby while
> resources are running there, and the resources move to the other node as
> expected.
>

> However, when I use the syntax:
>

> - <<rsc_order id="order-1">

You're missing a score.  Without one it defaults to 0 (which means optional).
However, IIRC, the 1.0.6 schema won't allow you to set a score there
so you'll need to apply the following patch:
   http://hg.clusterlabs.org/pacemaker/stable-1.0/rev/c8585629629c

> - <  <resource_set id="order-1-set-1" sequential="true">
>
>   <            <resource_ref id="world1" />
>
>   <            <resource_ref id="world2" />
>
>   </resource_set>
>
>  </rsc_order>
>

> Several bad things happen.  First, the resources don’t move off the node
> that is put into standby, even though the alternate node is running and able
> to run the resources.

Did you remove the other ordering constraint first?

> Second, attempting to shut down openais on the node
> running the resources after attempting a forced move (by putting the node
> into standby) leaves both the lrmd and pengine processes running (but
> children of process 1 (init), and the resources continue to run on the that
> node even after openais is stopped.

I suspect you've a faulty init script there.  See other email.

> I turned debug on in crmd and in the logs and recorded what happens when I
> force standby, and I notice that using the first syntax causes
> te_rsc_command to be executed to send a shut down message to the node where
> the resources are running (which seems to work), while using the second
> syntax causes te_pseudo_action to be called in approximately the same place
> in the log, but no shutdown of resources happens (I can’t really tell what
> this is supposed to be doing).

Neither can I - you didnt attach the logs :-)