[Pacemaker] pacemaker 1.0.2 rsc_defaults section

Eliot Gable egable at broadvox.net
Wed Apr 29 09:17:45 EDT 2009

Andrew, thanks for the assistance. FYI, I got that bit of code from page 35 (PDF page 47) of your Configuration_Explained.pdf file for version 1.0.2: http://clusterlabs.org/mediawiki/images/f/fb/Configuration_Explained.pdf. You may want to fix that page.

Also, now it seems that the verify tool does not allow me to do colocation without a resource_set:

cib.xml:318: element rsc_colocation: Relax-NG validity error : Expecting an element resource_set, got nothing
cib.xml:318: element rsc_colocation: Relax-NG validity error : Element rsc_colocation failed to validate content

Page 24 (PDF page 36) shows an example of using rsc_colocation without the resource_set. Also, FYI, you have a couple places where you wrote collocation instead of colocation (which are not the same thing): PDF pages 35, 39, 40, 74. Also, with resource_set usage, it is no longer clear whether I should use rsc= or with-rsc= at all, much less where I would use them. And, on page 27-28 (PDF Pages 39-40), you write:

"The only thing that matters is that in order for any member of set N to be active, all the members of set N+1 must also be active (and naturally on the same node), and that if a set has sequential="true", then in order for member M to be active, member M+1 must also be active."

Do you mean N-1 and M-1 instead of N+1 and M+1? All of the other ordering mechanisms take a top-down approach to 'active' requirements, so why would these sets be bottom-up? For example, page 26 (PDF page 38) shows the exact opposite ordering.

In your example on page 28 (PDF Page 40), are you saying that G and F both must have Master state for C,D,E,B,A to be colocated with G and F? Or is it that one of them must be in Master state, or just G must be in Master state? I assume it is the first. In other words, G and F must be colocated in the Master state (Master/Slave or Slave/Master is not allowed) and that whichever node ends up with both of them in the Master state, that node also gets resources E,D,C and B,A. If that is the case, then how would you express that two multi-state resources are preferred to be in Master/Slave or Slave/Master colocation, but Master/Master is also allowed (just lower preference)? Would you assign role="Master" with a score="-1"?

Thanks again for your assistance.

Eliot Gable
Senior Engineer
1228 Euclid Ave, Suite 390
Cleveland, OH 44115

Direct: 216-373-4808
Fax: 216-373-4657
egable at broadvox.net

CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION.  This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please call me immediately.  BROADVOX is a registered trademark of Broadvox, LLC.