[Pacemaker] advisory colocation constraint group->service

Andreas Kurz andreas.kurz at linbit.com
Thu Oct 30 06:09:22 EDT 2008

On Thursday 30 October 2008 10:56:08 Andrew Beekhof wrote:
> >> This is not at all related what symmetrical does.
> >> Symmetrical was a work-around for a problem a long time ago and no-one
> >> should be setting it to true.
> >
> > Aaah ... good to know ;-) ... so explicitely creating an extra advisory
> > colocation constraint in the opposite direction is the way to go?
>
> No no no.
> Dont create dependancy loops - it doesn't achieve anything at all.
>
> They'll always move together anyway.

Ok .... dependancy loops are BAD ... I've got it ;-)

> >> The following patch makes your scenario behave, I just need to run it
> >> through the regression tests.
> >
> > Great, thanks Andrew! ... will this patch be available in Heartbeat
> > 2.1.4?
>
> No.  2.1.4 is already out and there will b eno 2.1.5.
> You'll need to swith to pacemaker.

Thanks for the information.

Regards,
Andreas

: Andreas Kurz
: Tel +43-1-8178292-64, Fax +43-1-8178292-82
:
: http://www.linbit.com

This e-mail is solely for use by the intended recipient(s). Information
contained in this e-mail and its attachments may be confidential,
privileged or copyrighted. If you are not the intended recipient you are
hereby formally notified that any use, copying, disclosure or
distribution of the contents of this e-mail, in whole or in part, is
prohibited. Also please notify immediately the sender by return e-mail
and delete this e-mail from your system. Thank you for your co-operation.